Monday, May 9, 2016

Moneyball: Michael Lewis: 288 Pages : Star Rating: ☆☆☆ Review:

Moneyball by Michael Lewis is a non- fictional story about baseball and specifically the Oakland A’s. This book talks about how the manager of the A’s found the cracks in the way the MLB teams draft and find players all because he had 3x less the money than all the other teams did.
This book was unique to me because there is no book like it. If you are a true fan of baseball you feel that you are a complete part of the journey in a time of success for the Oakland A’s. While I was reading this book I felt like I was in the crowd and at some points felt that I was in the dugout helping the manager decide whom to put in the game to save us from a loss. This book gives you a lot of behind the scenes information on what goes into draft day (for baseball).

If you want to be transported into a world of wholehearted baseball Moneyball is the book for you. As a reader I would recommend this book to any fan of baseball or sports in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment