Sunday, April 17, 2016

Stalling for Time- Book review by Janelle J


"Stalling for Time: My life as an FBI hostage Negotiator." - With a book title this captivating I was hoping the writing would live up to the name, and I was right. This 240 page auto biography by Gary Noesner is one for the summer bucket list.

In this book the reader is taken on a journey through the life of one of the most elite hostage negotiators of our time. Gary takes us on some of his most stressful and fulfilling hostage situations, and on some of his worst. In this book we get to see what it's really like behind the crime scene tape during the most crucial hours.I love that this book shares with the reader the real life raw emotions that someone in this career path feel in the most desperate times. I really enjoyed reading what Mr. Noesner was thinking and what his train of through was to get him to solve the most difficult hostage situations. I never fully understood what type of mastermind had to be behind the scenes to pull off a successful hostage save for everyone involved.

 I give this book a four star rating. I think the only thing that kept me from giving this book a full five stars is that it's not in chronological order. The events jump around and at times it's hard to follow.  I would recommend this book to anyone that is thinking about getting into the criminal justice field, or anyone who simply loves an intense, emotional and fulfilling  read.

1 comment:

  1. This book seems very interesting. I think it would be nice to know how hostage situations really go and what it is really like in the FBI. I hope to read this soon!

    ReplyDelete