Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Title of the Book: The Glass Castle
 Author: Jeannette Walls
 # of Pages: 288
 Star Rating: ☆☆☆☆☆

Review: Jeannette Walls brings you into her crazy childhood. You see how she grew up with parents that were less than stable and how she managed to get out of the terrible situations she was in. Her constant moving and all the accidents she went through. 

This book when i first saw it I wasn't interesting, at least to my level of interest, but when i started getting into the book i couldn't put it down. The mother is so crazy and infuriating that it keeps your interest. Also the dad is so domineering that it  makes you feel bad, but also hate him for holding his pride above his kid.

I would read this book over and over again. It was so interesting that it appeals to every person's interest. I would recommend this book to other people as an experience that they will love to read. Even though its sad story, it is also a true story of triumph that gives hope and will show people that anything can happen.

5 comments:

  1. I think that a book does a great job when you cannot stand when of the characters . It means that the author is doing their job making the character who they wanted to. I would love to read this book solely based on your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book does sound quite compelling! Excellent job on your review/summary, and describing how the actions of the characters made you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only read sections of this book but the vignette style of it is very interesting and I think that there are many important lessons to learn throughout as well. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your review, definitely made me want to read it. I'll place it on my must read list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on your review, definitely made me want to read it. I'll place it on my must read list.

    ReplyDelete