Sunday, April 17, 2016

Title of the Book:The Things They Carried   Author: Tim O'Brian   # of Pages: 246   Star Rating: ☆☆☆ Review:
I think everyone should have to read this book. The author discusses about the war and his stories but in a peaceful way. Even though war a violent he speaks very peaceful of. The book gives you a soldier’s standpoint on the war including other men that he worked with in his platoon. The author educated you on what every solder is carrying physically and mentally. Each chapter focusses on a different character so you really see where they are coming from.

2 comments:

  1. I read parts of it junior year and I didn't enjoy it. The way you described it makes me think that I should have read the whole book. I think it would be helpful to know what the soldiers were thinking and how life was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What war does the book cover? I am intrigued by the concept of this book, but I feel as if I can't quite understand it enough and wish this review was more thorough

    ReplyDelete